Sunday, February 14, 2010

Man Made Pond Research

I am going to do some more research on the whole man made pond, but i believe my original plans called for kiddie pool as a way to catch my solar shower waste water. If I can use a bigger pool and make fish ponds or just water storage ponds that would be even better. The whole 20 acres is going to be great because it leaves lots of space to try new ideas and plans to try more stuff put without worrying about needing more space. I have visited cracker country at the fair before it shows how people did stuff back in the old days. Their designs were simple yet effective. I've taken notes on how to make very strong rope from simple twine. It looks like it might be a 3 person job but I'm sure I can adapt it to do it my self. Does not take long to make a 6ft rope with their method. I'm thinking I could possibly with enough time on my land possibly make a whole fence out of the rope. Probably not effective with 20acres but we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I have come across ads that have several hundred feet of barbed wire on one spool for 30 or 40 bucks. This can save you so much tedious time. Just my thoughts. Augie

    ReplyDelete